Thursday, October 15, 2009

Chocolate Mint Cookies

I got this recipe from my friend Heather C. She calls it "Cookie Crack" because they are so good.

Chocolate Mint Cookies
3/4 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
2 tsp peppermint extract
1 1/2 cups flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350F. In a bowl, cream together butter and sugars. Once they're nice and creamy (about 2 minutes), add the egg and mix in well. Add vanilla and peppermint. In a separate bowl combine dry ingredients and add them slowly to the wet ones and mix until combined. Add the chocolate chips. Scoop into balls and bake for 10-11 minutes. I like them to stay soft in the middle.

3 comments:

Sarah Sedgwick Anderson said...

Hey Andrea, these look delish!

Niki Barber said...

I am so freakin' jealous!!! I am so in need of something sweet. I am on a horendous diet and I am ready to eat your pictures! They look divine!!!

Harriet Toothfighter said...

I dreamed about these last night. For real.