Sunday, January 31, 2010

Black Bean Salsa

I got this recipe from my friend Jenni W. It is our new favorite thing to eat. Even my baby loves it because it's full of great flavors but not spicy.

I put it in burritos or eat it with chips. You can easily make your own chips that aren't fried - just take a bunch of corn tortillas and brush them with a little olive oil, stack them up and cut them into triangles, put them on a cookie sheet and sprinkle with coarse salt, bake at 375 for about 17 minutes or until they are crispy.

Black Bean Salsa
6 oz bag of frozen corn
2 cans black beans, rinsed and drained
3 green onions
1/2 yellow onion
1 tomato (I usually use 2)
1/2 bunch cilantro
juice of 2 lemons and 2 limes
1/3 cup vegetable oil (I add less)
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic salt
2 avocados

Mix and eat. I usually make half of this recipe.

No comments: