Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Snickerdoodles

Nothing but love for this amazing recipe I got from Rebecca (Ben's sister is a pastry chef - all her recipes are delicious)! I make them all the time and get many requests for these cookies. I got rid of my other snickerdoodle recipes because these are so good!

I also love the mats I baked the cookies on - a Silpat. It's coated with silicone and nothing sticks to it! You just rinse them off and use them over and over. My mom gave me a couple of them for Christmas one year and I use them all the time.

Snickerdoodles
1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. cream of tartar
1/2 tsp. salt
2 3/4 – 3 cups flour

Cream shortening, butter and sugar for 2 minutes. Add eggs and mix. Add everything else and mix. It shouldn’t be too crumbly or too sticky. Rolls balls in mixture of 2 Tbs sugar and 2 tsp cinnamon. Bake at 400 degrees for 7.5 - 9 minutes (depending on your oven and how soft you want them).

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Lincoln makes these cookies all the time and has acquired quite the reputation in our ward for them. It's all thanks to your recipe. They are so buttery and delicious!

Angie said...

I LOVE this recipe. Thank you for sharing it.