Sunday, February 7, 2010

Lemon Pudding

Ben gave me this cookbook because he knows how much I love lemons. I made the lemon pudding recipe and wow! It's delicious. I can't wait to try every recipe!








My Favorite Lemon Pudding
(from Luscious Lemon Desserts by Lori Longbotham)

3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup cornstarch
2 1/2 cups milk
3 large egg yolks
2 Tbs finely grated lemon zest
pinch of salt
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
2 Tbs unsalted butter at room temperature

1. Whisk together the sugar and cornstarch in a medium saucepan. Add the milk and whisk until smooth. Add the egg yoks, zest, and salt and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently at first and constantly toward the end, until thickened. (This took about 12 minutes on my gas stove.)

2. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the lemon juice and butter. Pour through a strainer into a large serving bowl or 4 individual serving dishes. Let cool to room temperature. Refrigerate, loosely covered, for at least 2 hours or up to 3 days, until set and thoroughly chilled.

1 comment:

BECKY said...

YUMM!! I might have to go look at that book at the book store!