When I was a child I saw my Grandpa O sprinkle wheat germ on what seemed like everything he ate - even green salad. I thought it was weird but I don't think it's so weird now. It's certainly healthy and I find myself trying to come up with more ways to eat it. I guess I should call my grandpa and tell him. He would be proud of me.Wheat germ is so good for you! It's part of the wheat kernal that's removed to make white flour. It's a good source of vitamin E (an antioxidant) and folic acid. It also has protein, fiber and omega-3 fatty acids (help to lower cholesterol and blood pressure). Keep it in your fridge so it doesn't go rancid. You can add it to all sorts of things to sneak in a little extra nutrition: granola, breadcrumbs, muffins, pancakes, cookies. What do you put it in?


1 comment:
Waffles! ;)
Post a Comment