This is one of my new favorite recipes (thanks Sarah A., again)!
Birchermuesli (Swiss breakfast)
1 large container (32 oz), really good yogurt – plain or vanilla
1 large container (32 oz), really good yogurt – plain or vanilla
1 apple, grated (I like Fuji or Gala)
1 cup oats
1 Tbsp honey
Strawberries
Other berries
Peaches (optional)
Banana (optional)
Kiwi (optional)
Combine ingredients and serve immediately. Top with whipped cream for an extra treat.
My favorite fruit additions are strawberries (cut up), raspberries, blackberries and blueberries. It's also good with pineapple and kiwi. I don't usually put the whipped cream on - unless it's a special occasion! Don't use quick/minute oats (I tried this once and it made the texture kind of funny). This is great because you can use whatever fruit you like or have on hand. I like to let it sit for a few minutes before serving it so the oats can soften a little. It's looks great if you top it with whipped cream and arrange extra fruit on top. Yum!


1 comment:
Wow, you just eat the oats raw huh? Sounds delightful though, I will have to try it out this week!
Post a Comment