If you like cilantro you'll like this recipe. It took awhile to make and left a lot of dirty dishes but it turned out really well. I know I should take pictures of these recipes but I always forget until after we've eaten it! Maybe I'll remember one of these days. Thanks for the great recipe Sarah A!
Green Enchiladas
Sauce:
Sauce:
½ package of a 10 oz package frozen chopped spinach
1 Tbsp butter
1 Tbsp flour
1 cup whipping cream (I used half-and-half instead)
1 cup milk
6 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
3 green onions
2 oz canned green chilies, diced (½ of 4 oz can)
1¾ tsp ground cumin
1½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
Cook and drain spinach. Set aside. Melt butter and stir in flour for 2 minutes over medium heat. Gradually whisk in milk and cream. Simmer until thick. Stir in all other ingredients, including spinach. Puree in blender until almost smooth (textured a bit, still). Season with salt and pepper.
Enchiladas:
½ cup vegetable oil
12 (6 inch) corn tortillas
3 cups grated, mild cheddar cheese
1½ cups grated, jack cheese
½ cup chopped onion
1 Tbsp chopped, fresh cilantro
½ cup sour cream
Chicken (optional)
Heat oil over medium-high heat. Briefly dip each tortilla in oil about 12 seconds per side. Put on paper towels to drain. *I usually skip this step.
Combine cheeses in large bowl. Set aside 1½ cups cheese for topping. Combine onion and cilantro in small bowl. Place ¼ cup cheese mixture in center of tortilla. Spoon 2 tsp onion mixture over. Roll the tortilla up, seam side down in baking dish. Repeat.
Combine cheeses in large bowl. Set aside 1½ cups cheese for topping. Combine onion and cilantro in small bowl. Place ¼ cup cheese mixture in center of tortilla. Spoon 2 tsp onion mixture over. Roll the tortilla up, seam side down in baking dish. Repeat.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Stir sour cream into cream sauce. Pour over tortillas and sprinkle with leftover cheese. Bake about 25 minutes.


No comments:
Post a Comment