Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Limeade

This is a picture of the first blossoms on my lime tree that Ben gave me for Christmas! I can't wait to make this recipe with my own limes.

I got this recipe from my friend Heather H. (she calls it Brazilian Lemonade) - it's a favorite at our house. We love to make this when we grill hamburgers.

Limeade
2 limes
1/2 cup sugar
3 Tbs sweetened condensed milk
3 cups water
ice

Wash limes thoroughly. Cut off the ends of the limes and slice each into four wedges. Place limes in a blender with the sugar, milk and water. Blend, pulsing about 5 times or until well mixed. Pour through a fine mesh strainer to remove rinds (and press with a spoon to make sure you get all the good stuff out). Serve over ice.

Note: Heather says to add some ice into the blender with everything else but I leave that out and just serve it over ice.

1 comment:

The Harpers said...

Is that Heather H me?? I love this stuff and haven't made it in a while, but after seeing this post I'm pretty sure I'll be stopping by the store today.